The parish church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary into Heaven, also known as the Church of the Assumption, is likewise protected by the Law on the Protection of the Monuments of Croatia. It was built in the early seventeenth century in honor of St. Nicholas. In 1615, Bishop V. Ariggoni consecrated the church, and its fraternal order committed to maintaining it. Expanded in 1683, the church was later consecrated in 1746 by Bishop K. A. Donadini, as evidenced by an inscription on the front. In 1800, the local peasants expanded the church at their own expense, adding to the northern section. A second section was built in 1894.
The bell tower of the French fort was built in the period of 1873-1875, and in 1875 the maritime authorities of Trieste offered a clock for the tower in exchange for the island or Mulo or Biofant, where a lighthouse was then built.
The parish of Rogoznica is special in many other ways, too. It houses the only small cathedral built in Dalmatia, wider than it is long. The cathedral is rich with valuable works of art, including a cross from the fourteenth century that is not available for public viewing and an intricate artistic figure of a shepherd from the Nativity, brought from Rome in 1905 by former pastor Ivan Katalinić.